Welcome to the World of Astley Clarke
Join us on a journey of discovery and inspiration
Careers at Astley Clarke
Astley Clarke is a British fine jewellery brand founded in London by Bec Astley Clarke MBE to celebrate design and colour in fine jewellery and to create a brand that represents all that is good and proper about British luxury. Astley Clarke’s personality is imbued with the wit and irreverence that captures the imagination of a new generation of luxury customers. We combine the grandest of ideas with an acute attention to the tiniest of details, creating jewellery that affords every woman the luxury of intelligent design.
Based out of a little cobbled mews in W2, the head office houses the whole UK team from the design studio through to marketing and accounts. We may be a small team but we are one that is dedicated to championing everything we love about Astley Clarke. Our current vacancies are listed below so if you would like to become a part of the Astley Clarke team please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Astley Clarke is a fast growing Luxury Jewellery Brand based in west London and as well as having an award winning website is stocked by the best stores in all the key international markets. This is a great opportunity for a confident Financial Controller looking to develop their commercial skills and contribute to the growth strategy of the business.
This is a hands on role heading up the day to day financial activity for Astley Clarke. This is the senior role within Astley Clarke management team and will require someone with the ability to look at both detail as well as contributing to the business strategy. The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, enjoy working in a team environment and be efficient, detailed and accurate.
- -prepare monthly management accounts, quarterly board packs, budgets and cash flows
- -develop and manage internal controls of stock, overheads costs and expenses
- -prepare and submit VAT returns
- -prepare payroll for all staff, and liaise with HMRC on all payroll matters
- -manage AP and AR activity and ensure monthly balances are reconciled
- -supervise reconciliation all bank accounts on a monthly basis
- -supervise reconciliation of all sales on a monthly basis
- -supervise the invoice reconciliation with all wholesale and concession suppliers
- -supervise reconciliation all stock movements on a monthly basis
- -ensure all other balance sheet accounts reconciled ie accruals and prepayments
- -assist the MD with HR related activity
- -oversee the annual audit
- -manage the share incentive scheme
- -qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- -good knowledge of Sage Accounts system preferred (ideally Sage 200)
- -experience of Sage payroll or payroll systems
- -experience of a wholesale or retail business required
- -experience of ecommerce retail preferred
- -strong communication skills
- -excellent excel skills an advantage
To be a part of our exciting high-growth business please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Due to a high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.