TERMS & CONDITIONS
Contract of Sale
The Contract between you and us
We must receive payment in whole for the price of the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. This is not an Order Acceptance from Astley Clarke. Our acceptance of your order takes place on the dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we notify you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled your order in accordance with the clause 'Right for you to cancel your contract' below. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. Only adults (persons aged 18 and over) are entitled to enter into legally binding contracts and as a result are the only people entitled to transact through this site. Any other individuals who are unable to perform legally binding contracts are prohibited from ordering goods using this site. If you do not qualify do not use this site.
Pricing, Delivery and Discount Codes
1. The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website.
1.1. All of our prices are in UK Pounds. You will be billed in UK Pounds and if you purchase from outside the UK, currency fluctuations and credit card charges may make a difference to the amount billed on your credit card.
2. You may be required to pay extra for delivery and it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. Our delivery charges are set out in our website.
3. Promotional discount codes: We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes (either directly or via third parties) which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this Website. Such codes may only be applied to purchases of full-price items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discounts.
4. Please click here to view delivery times and costs.
5. Please note that prices in all printed publications are correct at the time of publication and we reserve the right to amend these without prior notification.
Right for you to cancel your contract
1. Subject to 3. below, you may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the fourteenth working day from the date you receive the ordered goods. You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.
2. To cancel your contract you must notify us by email at Returns@AstleyClarke.com or telephone us on +44 (0) 207 706 7600.
3. Your right to cancel your contract with us for the goods you have ordered is subject to:
a) You calling us within 14 days of receiving your goods and receiving a ‘Returns Authorisation number’.
b) The item(s) cannot be a Bespoke Special Order, which due to their unique nature, cannot be exchanged or returned under any circumstances.
To return your item, please click here for more information.
4. Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited from your credit card will be credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you, in the way detailed above, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be credited to you.
Cancellation by us
1. We reserve the right to cancel the contract between you and us if:
1.1. We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
1.2. we do not deliver to your area; or
1.3. one or more of the items you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
2. If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by email or by telephone, and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
Delivery of goods to you
1. We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you give us is correct and accurate and that there is somebody to sign for and take delivery of the goods from the delivery service used.
2. All orders within the UK are delivered using Royal Mail Special Delivery or an alternative carrier during Royal Mail industrial action.
3. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been dispatched to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
4. We make no promise that materials on our website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
5. If your order is returned to us because the courier or postal service could not complete the delivery to you for whatever reason, then you will be responsible for the repeat delivery costs.
6. Please click here to view delivery times and costs.
1. If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us by email of the problem within 7 working days of the delivery of the goods in question.
2. If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 7 working days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us by email or telephone at our contact address of the problem within 14 days of the date on which you ordered the goods. If you notify us of a problem under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option either:
2.1. to make good any shortage or non-delivery; or
2.2. to replace any goods that are damaged or defective; or
2.3. to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
3. Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify us of under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under the clause mentioned in 2.3. above.
4. You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
5. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
6. We cannot be held responsible for any delays once the goods have left us and are in possession of the courier or Royal Mail.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent by email to our contact address at PersonalShopper@AstleyClarke.com and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
1. Third Party Rights: Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
2. Third Party links: We may include hyperlinks on this Site to other websites or resources operated by parties other than Astley Clarke, including advertisers. Astley Clarke has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Web Site and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages nor are we responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offense caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external websites or resources.
Each and every transaction carried out is deemed to be completed within the United Kingdom and therefore shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law. The terms of this charter (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claims of whatever nature in relation to them) shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation thereto.
2. We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy completeness or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published on our website. From time to time our site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Astley Clarke Ltd is the operator of www.astleyclarke.com. All trademarks, product names and company names or logos sited herein are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such brand names, photographs, product names or titles or copyrights and such use may constitute an infringement of the owners’ rights.
Events Beyond our Control
We will not be in breach of this Agreement or otherwise liable for any delay in performance if to the extent that any delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
We reserve the right to change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
The information we collect and how we use it
When you register to use our website we need to know your name, postal address and email address. To process an order we also need your credit card number and expiry date, plus any security details that the credit card processor may require. This process takes place in a secure environment where your details cannot be accessed by anyone except for our Personal Shoppers at Astley Clarke. We use Barclays and Commidea - both secure payment services - to process your payments.
We gather this information to allow us to process your orders, register your account and contact you with information regarding your order and to recommend offers and products that maybe of interest to you by email and post.
We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services. These statistics do not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
From time to time we may provide some information to external agencies for research and analysis purposes. No personal information regarding your account is passed to these agencies.
If you are receiving emails from Astley Clarke and would like them to stop you can either opt out by using the link at the bottom of our emails, or contact our Personal Shoppers on +44 (0) 207 706 0060 or by email at PersonalShopper@AstleyClarke.com.
When you place an order may also choose to receive information from carefully selected third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you decide at any point that you no longer wish to receive these please contact Customer Services on CustomerService@AstleyClarke.com and they will update our systems.
Data Protection Act
Astley Clarke Ltd is registered for Data Protection and your data is safeguarded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Sale of Business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchasers and their advisors and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
You warrant that the personal information which you are required to provide when you register with us is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. If you would like your details to be removed entirely, please email CustomerService@AstleyClarke.com. You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
How to contact Astley Clarke
6 Junction Mews
Astley Clarke web technology is hosted on a secure server using SSL technology (secure sockets layer) to ensure that all credit or debit card transactions are completely secure. Every time we receive an order, we use fraud checking systems as well as authentication processes before we fulfill it.When you use our website, the secure server will encrypt all of the personal information you send us, including credit or debit card number, name and address. Encryption turns the information you enter into complex code, which is then securely transmitted. We take all reasonable measures to keep your personal information, order and payment details secure. However, we cannot be held liable if an event beyond our control results in loss to you.
We accept payment online by Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Maestro, Electron or Solo. In addition, you can also pay for all or part of your order using Astley Clarke Gift Cards.
In special circumstances we can accept payment by BACS or CHAPS - however, please note that we will be unable to dispatch your goods until payment has been received and cleared.
For further information regarding payment please contact one of our Personal Shoppers on +44 (0) 207 706 0060. Alternatively, send an email to PersonalShopper@AstleyClarke.com with any questions you may have.
Astley Clarke occasionally releases promotion codes. The best way to be the first to know about any offers or sale events is to subscribe to our emails.
To use a promotion code, please enter the code in the box provided on the basket page, click 'Redeem' and the discount will be applied to your shopping basket.
If you have any problems at all redeeming your code, please contact our Personal Shoppers on +44 (0)207 706 0060 or at PersonalShopper@AstleyClarke.com.
Astley Clarke Gift Cards are available to buy online here, with denominations between £20 and £5,000.
To redeem a Gift Card online, simply enter the Gift Card code in the VOUCHER CODE box at the checkout and click on REDEEM.
Astley Clarke Ltd is the operator of www.astleyclarke.com. All trademarks, product names and company names or logos sited herein are the property of their respective owners.
No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such brand names, photographs, product names or titles or copyrights and such use may constitute an infringement of the owners' rights.
Our cookies help us to...
- Make our website work as you would expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you, to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
Our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Showing you which pages you have recently visited
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering your preferences such as layout and geographical preferences
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily "Like" or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn't as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, just simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called "remarketing cookie" during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. Don't worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised. You can opt out of these cookies at anytime as explained above.
We have a number of partners who promote our service on a success-only basis (i.e. instead of paying for advertising, we pay them commissions on sales). Cookies are required to allow us to reward these partners and these cookies are usually provided by specialist companies (known as affiliate networks). Neither us, the networks, or the partner advertising or recommending our services are able to identify you personally. We ask you to support us by allowing these cookies which ultimately help us to offer you the service we do at the price we do.
Our affiliate cookies are provided by: