A Word With

Blogger and Style Icon Anneli Bush

Fashion, lifestyle and fitness blogger Anneli Bush has been on our radar since she launched her blog AnneliBush.com (formerly What I Bought Today) in 2011. With her unique mix of high street and designer fashion, we have spent many an hour scrolling through her blog and Instagram in admiration (and lust) of her distinctive style.

And while we may never be able to pull of her innate part-Scandi/part-Brit look, it didn’t stop us jumping at the opportunity to sit down with her to at least try.

 

What led you to start blogging?

I started the blog while working full-time in PR and I was in need of a creative and fun outlet where I could express myself more freely. As the blog began to take up more of my time and energy I realised that it was time to take the plunge and give up my day job. I’ve never looked back!

 

If you weren’t blogging, what would you be doing?

I would probably still be working in Marketing or PR – but ideally, I´d be running my own brand or product. I absolutely love interiors and I have a lot of personal experience in interior design so I would be tempted to explore that further too.

 

Living and working in a digital world that demands attention 24/7, what do you do to maintain a healthy work/life balance?

Well you said it, it´s all about balance. 80% of the time I eat well, exercise regularly, get enough sleep and prioritise my family and friends – but then there´s the other 20% of the time when I do whatever I want. Which usually means having one too many glasses of red wine or indulging in my favourite foods! More often than not this happens at the weekend, and as much as we all need to let go, I love nothing more than reseting with a healthy new week come Monday.

Follow Anneli on Instagram for more style advice and inspiration

You came to the Astley Clarke SS16 press day…was there a favourite piece that caught your eye?

Well, I loved pretty much everything! A few pieces stood out though including the Honeycomb Varro studs and the new Kula bracelets. Divine.

 

With Winter on its way out (hopefully!), what Spring trend are you most looking forward to experimenting with and how will you be styling it?

Denim, linen, khaki, gold, silver, fringes, belts…I am dreaming of the 70’s, with a lots of natural colours, textures and details. Think belted summer coats, flares, loose fitted shirts and big earrings mixed with layered, dainty necklaces.

 

What are your everyday luxuries?

Working from home and being my very own girl boss is my ultimate luxury. I love that I can run to our local park whenever I want, follow my own schedule or have an off-day where I watch far too many episodes of Friends. At the moment I also look forward to cosy nights in with my husband in our newly renovated home.

 

What’s the best piece of advice you have been given?

Follow the path you enjoy the most, as the goal is not the end – the goal is the journey.

Something my father once said to me, that has stuck with me ever since.

Shop This Story